- Bigger is much better for wind power, and these can be huge.
- More wind is much better for wind power, and there's lots more wind on open sea than on land.
- They are not fixed, so can be towed to where power is needed.
- They would be far enough offshore that nobody can see them from shore.
- All of the usual wind power benefits (relatively cheap, no pollution, no greenhouse gas, no
peak oilfossil fuel, not controlled by klepetro-states...)
Blogs, environment, politics, technology and the kitchen link, often all in one post!
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Giant offshore windpower
Gizmag and Science Blog write about a really cool idea: giant floating wind turbines located offshore. Advantages: